HPD Catch Can
HPD Catch Cans
The HPD Catch Can is one of the simplest and most effective accessories you can fit to a turbo-diesel engine.
To meet ever stricter emissions regulations, manufacturers of diesel engines have used Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR), which diverts sooty exhaust gases back into the engine to be burned again, reducing particulate emissions.
The engine breather pipe sends air from inside the crankcase into the intake as well. The fine oil mist in this air combines with the soot from EGR to form a sticky deposit that builds up to the point that it affects the breathing of the engine, clogs EGR valves and jams turbo actuator flaps.
HPD has tackled this problem with a catch can that filters out damaging oil mist and condensation from the air entering the inlet passage. The HPD catch can does not vent to the atmosphere, so it’s compliant with Australian Design Rules and Standards.
The oil reservoir has a dipstick for easy monitoring of the oil level, and unscrews for easy emptying when required. The mesh filters require little maintenance – only occasional cleaning – so you don’t need to spend money replenishing filters.
Designed and manufactured in Australia from billet aluminium, HPD catch can kits come complete with laser cut brackets, silicon hoses, and all clamps and fasteners needed to complete a factory look fitment.
Benefits of using a Catch Can
- Maintains vehicle performance, power and efficiency
- Reduces carbon and oil build up in the inlet manifold
- Stops oily residue build up in the intercooler
- Ensures clean air is delivered to the engine
- Protects turbo bearings from corrosion
Advantages of fitting a HPD Catch Can
- Dipstick to check oil level
- Washable filter (no need to replace)
- 360° rotating inlet to assist fitment
- Universal stainless steel fitment bracket
- Easy step-by-step fitment guide
- 100% Australian made and engineered
To find out more about HPD catch cans and why we recommend them over others, give our friendly sales team a call on 03 9267 8800.