About this Policy
This policy sets out how Cornell Diesel Systems collects, uses and discloses your personal information. Cornell Diesel Systems is committed to protecting your privacy and respects and upholds your rights under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”). By using this website, you agree to and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Cornell Diesel Systems as set out in this policy.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation:
- Your name, email address, billing address, physical address and contact details
- User ID’s and Passwords
- The services provided to you
- Purchasing history
- Records and contents of communication with Cornell Diesel Systems or any other third party associated with Cornell Diesel Systems
Note: Such records and content may be stored by Cornell Diesel Systems.
Collection of personal information
Cornell Diesel Systems will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, Cornell Diesel Systems will only collect personal information about you directly from you. Cornell Diesel Systems will not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for our functions and activities.
Information is collected in several ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide information directly to Cornell Diesel Systems in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise)
- Directly from you when you communicate with Cornell Diesel Systems or any other person using Cornell Diesel Systems Communications Services
- Operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Cornell Diesel Systems network
- From third parties, such as:
o Cornell Diesel Systems related companies; resellers of Cornell Diesel Systems services and service providers to Cornell Diesel Systems
How personal information is used
Your personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide the services requested by you
- To manage those services including, customer service and billing
- To research, develop and improve Cornell Diesel Systems services
- To conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Cornell Diesel Systems services
- To generate statistics in relation to the Cornell Diesel Systems Network
- To promote and market special offers and other services to you. (You can opt out at any time by clicking in the ‘unsubscribe’ link which will be available on all such communication)
- For purposes connected with the operation of the Cornell Diesel Systems
- To process warranty claims and returned goods
- To personalise the advertising you see when you visit Cornell Diesel Systems and associated sites
- Responding to enquiries submitted to us
- Any use which is required or authorised by law
Disclosure of personal information
Cornell Diesel Systems may disclose your personal information:
- To third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes
- Any person or entity to whom you have consented to Cornell Diesel Systems disclosing your personal information to
- Outsourced service providers who assist Cornell Diesel Systems provide its services, including, but not limited to:
o Information technology providers
o Marketing and market research consultants
o Professional advisers
- Any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law
Accessing your personal information
- You may request access to your personal information by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that Cornell Diesel Systems holds personal information about you that is not accurate, complete, or up-to-date, then you may request its amendment by Cornell Diesel Systems.
- Cornell Diesel Systems may charge a reasonable fee to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information.
- Cornell Diesel Systems will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for our primary purpose or by law). Unless you opt out, your consent to receive communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above will continue.
To opt out of receiving any further communication from Cornell Diesel Systems, email unsubscribe@Cornells.com.au.
If you require further information regarding this policy or have any questions about its enforcement by Cornell Diesel Systems, please contact us at info@Cornells.com.au or send mail to: Attn: Privacy Officer, Cornell Diesel Systems, PO Box 1110, Sunshine West VIC 3020.
Cornell Diesel Systems website
When transmitting personal information from your computer to the Cornell Diesel Systems website, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Cornell Diesel Systems will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
The Cornell Diesel Systems website may use “cookies” to help personalise your online experience and save you time. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Cornell Diesel Systems website.